Block Deputy Training Outline
This is a summary of the steps that we expect a trainee Block Deputy (BD) to
follow prior to, and in, training sessions that will lead to certification as a
Part 1. - Procedure Before
Training Takes Place
- Application to the Employment Office, a Block Leader (BL), a Colony City
(CoCi) Official, an application, or a referral.
- Real time (
Instant Message Center/ICQ/Pager) or written (Email) interview
where the applicant will briefly express qualifications and will learn the
duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Training begins at the trainer's home. Prior to the first session the
trainer will request the establishment of both written and real time lines of
communication. Training cannot begin until a real time link is successfully
set up. The trainer may request that the trainee be able to keep a record of
the session(s) either by cutting/pasting chat text or familiarity with chat
- The trainer may request that the trainee become familiar with certain
background documents (BD Guide, Blaxxun User's Guide, etc.) prior to the first
Part 2 - Training at the
The areas that may be covered include:
- Undocking/Docking Chat Windows
- Chat Cutting/Pasting text from Chat Windows and pasting into a word processor.
- Private/Whisper Chat modes
- VoiceUse of Text Logs and Text-to-Voice Features
- Changing Fonts and Text Size
- Use and Editing of Body Language/Gestures/Chat Macros
- Navigating the Help Menu
- Object Buying and Manipulation
- Items in the Options Menu
- "My Info" Link, including the Set Up and use of the Instant Message Center
- Setting Up a Homepage Link
- Setting Up Links
- Uploading an Image
- Avatar Navigation Options
- Citizen Search and Directions to Clubs
- Setting Up "Personal Information", "Inbox", and "Message" pages, including
- Use of the Calendar
- Update Functions
- Chat Default Options
- Places to go for Avatars, including Adding more WRL's
- Resident Troubleshooting
- Voting Options
Part 3 - Training in
- This session, or additional sessions, will be continued ONLY if a real
time link is in place. The Team may then visit:
- Cybertown, Lands, Metaverse, Fedland Navigation
- The Plaza and Links to the Mall and Other Places
- News Center Magazine and Newspaper
- At the Fedland Map Page the trainer will explain record keeping options
and make arrangements to send the trainee a sample database of Block
- At this point the Trainer must make a decision on whether the trainee has
sufficient knowledge to be granted Access Rights. If so, the session will
continue at the Access Rights Link. If not, the trainee will return later
after rereading background documents and Chat Logs of the training sessions.
Part 4 - Beyond Access
- Access Rights are explained and the trainee is added.
- The Information Link is explained and the Trainee sees his/her new Title.
- The Message Link is reviewed but the trainee is requested to read past
- The Team follows the MIH Link and Contents are reviewed.
- The Messages To All Link is reviewed and the trainee then posts a brief
"Hello to All Residents..I am a new BD" Message.
- The Update Link is reviewed.
- The Check Images Link is explained and the trainee is requested to Upload
his/her own Image later and Check/Approve it.
Part 5 - Final
- The Team goes to the trainee's Home. The functions and limitations of the
Delete Link are explained.
- The procedures for Checking Homes is explained ( See The
Block Deputy Guide).
- Customer Service, Team Training Techniques, a review of the various Help
Sections, the Constitution of the City, and the Goals of the City,
Neighborhood, and Block are discussed and follow-up sessions are scheduled on
- Finally, duties are assigned based upon the demonstrated abilities of the
trainee, and Follow Up sessions are scheduled.
Any questions, let me be your mentor. Email me