The Babel Hunt-Basic Outline
Morphs escape with the aid of their Earth cousins.
They sneak into City Hall and infect the Cybertown Communications Control Key (CCCK hereafter) with a form of the Snow Crash Virus.
This causes all kinds of communications breakdowns.
Our job is to help the Cytonian Guard:
- Plaza chat is randomly garbled
- Login errors: causes to have to re-log on
- News articles partially scrambled
- Block & Hood message boards get scrambled
- Avatars that blink on and off…and Snow Crash
The hunt will consist of 25 clues broken down into 5 phases of 5 clues each.
- Find the head Morph, Elbob, who has the Snow Crash virus
- Find neurolinguistic clues to a Nam-Shub that, when said properly, will disinfect the CCCK and restore normal communications to Cybertown.
- Each clue will be pertinent to the part of the story that is unfolding
- Each clue will give the seeker a small piece of the Nam-Shub
- And a lead to the next clue.
- Every 5th clue will lead to a control panel that will appear like a computer screen. Seeker enters or registers their clues here.
- User must enter entire Nam-Shub that is known so far, so as to prevent ppl from starting in the middle.
- If seeker enters the correctly ordered Nam-Shub, then he gets treated to the next installment of the Story Line and a lead to the next clue location.
- If not correct or the order is wrong…then he gets chased by a "Rat Thing" back to the last clue location.
Introduction: Setting the Stage
- Deliverator working for Uncle Enzo’s Cosa Nostra Pizza #3569
- Only p/t gig, you are also sword fighter, hacker extrodinaire, and stringer for the Central Intelligence Corp.
- Your mission is to gather info on what is making the CCCK shut down
Phase I: There Is A Problem
- Intro Metaverse, The Street, and The Black Sun and Y.T.
- Watches his best friend Da5id, owner of The Black Sun, Snow Crash
- What is up?
Phase II: Searching for Clues
- Finding out about the power of Nam-Shubs
- Intro Enki and Asherah, and the concept of Babel/Infocalypse
Phase III: What Is In That Suitcase
- Intro Uncle Enzo, Mr Lee’s security, and connection to Elbob
- Close call with the morph, Raven, at a Vitaly Chernobyl concert.
Phase IV: The Raft
- Intro The Raft
- Looking for Elbob among the Refus on The Raft
- Staying alive
- The nuclear railgun, ‘Reason’, good instincts and sword play
Phase V: The Final Showdown
- Defeating Elbob, retrieving the case full of Snow Crash
- Making the antivirus
- Restoring normal communications